Girl Scouts of Manitou Council
Position: TROOP COOKIE SALE MANAGER
- Community Cookie Sale Manager
Term of Appointment
- To assure that girls in the troop carry out the cookie sale in an enthusiastic, safe, timely, and accurate manner
- Recruited and appointed by the troop advisor for the term of one cookie sale period. Reappointment can be made with the agreement of both parties dependent upon ongoing background check results
- Complete troop cookie sale manager training.
- Be accountable for all troop monies collected from cookie sale.
- Follow procedures as outlined in the Troop Cookie Managers Procedures.
- Attend a troop meeting prior to the sale to help the girls set a troop goal and to provide safety, sales, program, and ordering information. Meet with the troop again after the sale to assist them in completing the cookie sale evaluation.
- Collect and retain copies of original signed Cookie Sale Parent Permission forms until after all money is collected from the girls.
- Record all sales in the e-budde cookie sale online ordering system by the deadline date.
- Ensure for the distribution of awards and program credits to the girls in an accurate and timely manner.
- Deposit all monies owed for girl sales into the Council bank account by the deadline date.
- Assist the council in clearing outstanding, overdue balances from the troop or individual girls.
- Be or become a member of the Girl Scouts of the USA and subscribe to the mission of Girl Scouting
- New volunteers provide the names of two references and agree to a background check
- Must have e-mail address
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to inspire girls to complete the cookie
sale according to their goals and council safety and sales
- Ability to responsibly and accurately account for
monies earned, due to the troop, and to Girls Scouts of Manitou
Council by the established deadline dates
- Ability to maintain confidentiality