Dates for summer staff members are June through about the third week of August. There may be options to work archery, swimming and other rentals after the camp season.
Along with job specific requirements, all staff are expected to:
- Be able to adapt to a flexible 24-hour schedule
- Work the entire summer camp season, early June until the end of August
- Accept that working at camp is a full-time summer commitment
- Be a team player—camp cannot function unless everyone is working together
- Have willingness to create a positive community with fellow staff members and campers
- Have experience working with kids and/or skills related to the specific position
- Have willingness, enthusiasm, and ability to participate fully in the camp experience
- Enjoy living and working in the outdoors
- Create a safe, supportive, and positive environment for all girls. The focus at camp is the girls—we need to make sure we focus on their needs and provide support, guidance, encouragement, and patience at all times
- Act as an appropriate role model for the girls and fellow staff members through actions, appearance, language and professional work habits
- Realize respecting everyone is important—this includes yourself, campers, staff members, visitors, and the environment
- Abide by camp policies, procedures, and guidelines
What are the dates of employment?
When do I get paid?
Can I have extended time off during the camp season?
What does a typical day look like for staff?
Do I get time off and if so am I allowed to leave camp?
Can my friends or relatives visit me at camp?
Can I do my laundry at camp?
Can I use the internet?
Can I bring my cell phone to camp?
Can I bring my vehicle to camp?
Can I bring a pet?
What are the meals like?
What are camp names and why do we use them?