Memorials, Tributes & Planned Gifts
Memorials and tributes are a great way to show love and appreciation to someone on a special occasion, to honor the memory of a loved one, or to recognize an outstanding volunteer. If you wish, tell us the names and addresses of other relatives and/or friend whom you would like us to inform of your generosity. A memorial/tribute letter will be sent to them indicating that you have made a gift; we will not disclose the amount of your gift. If you would like Girl Scouts of Manitou Council donation envelopes for use at a memorial service, please contact the Girl Scout Center at (920) 565-4575.
Planned gift – Leave a Legacy
Planned giving allows you to include Girl Scouts of Manitou Council in your estate or financial plans. Your planned gift today ensures that tomorrow’s girls can benefit from Girl Scouts. You will join a group of individuals whose love of Girl Scouting is like yours; whose interest in the long-term vitality of the Movement is strong; and who wish, as you do, that our girls will enjoy the fun, friendship, and power of girls together for decades to come. We encourage you to consult with your attorney, accountant, or estate or financial planner with considering a planned gift to Girl Scouts of Manitou Council. Planned gifts can be made in a variety of ways, some of which include:
- Charitable Bequest from Wills – A bequest provides ongoing and future support to Girl Scouts. Many of us are not in a position to make the kinds of gifts we would like during our lifetime. But often, there is room, after family and friends, to remember Girl Scouting in your wills.
- Gifts of Life Insurance – Make Girl Scouts the beneficiary of an existing policy or purchase a new policy that names Girl Scouts of Manitou Council as both owner and beneficiary.
- Retirement Plan Benefits – Name Girl Scouts of Manitou Council as the primary or contingent beneficiary on retirement programs such as IRA’s, 401(k) plans and other pension and profit sharing plans. Any funds remaining in these accounts at your death will benefit Girl Scouts.
- Charitable Remainder Trusts (CRT) – These trusts allow you to give to Girl Scouts of Manitou and still receive income for life. You receive an immediate charitable contribution tax deduction and Girl Scouts of Manitou later receives the remaining assets of trust.
- Receive a current income tax deduction
- Distribute your assets according to your wishes
- Eliminate long-term capital gains tax
- Increase income and effective rate of return
- Reduce possible estate and gift taxes
- Leave a legacy without giving up assets today