Girl Scouts of Manitou Council Guidelines for Troop Bank Accounts
Girl Scouts of Manitou Council is responsible to ensure that troop
funds are used for the purpose of Girl Scouting and is required to
monitor troop funds and activities according to Girl Scouts of the USA.
Apply the following procedures to all new and existing Girl Scout
troop accounts. The troop account should be entitled “Girl Scouts of
Manitou Council – Troop 0 8 _ _ _”
- Complete an IRS form W-9 at the financial institution showing
the names of the troop advisors, Girl Scouts of Manitou Council’s
address (5212 Windward Court, Sheboygan, WI 53083), and troop bank
- In part I, use the council’s employer identification number -- #39-0920672
- In part II, check the box “not subject to withholding…”
- Troop advisors sign and date the form
- Submit W-9 form to the financial institution
- In accordance to the USA Patriot Act, identifying information
is needed for all individuals who have signing and viewing access to
the account(s). This includes name, address, phone number, Social
Security number, date of birth, driver’s license information and a
- Troops must obtain two signatures (at least two troop advisors per troop) on the signature card.
- When the signers are in the bank, they need to identify who
will have online viewing access to the account, as there will be a
person who is not a signer on the account.
- A “Depository Resolution” must be obtained:
- It will note the authorization for the use of the council’s EIN number.
- Include who is authorized to view the account online.
- The council’s Chief Financial Officer is authorized to
receive verbal and written account information and has authorization to
close the account.
- It should be signed by troop advisors and by the Chief
Financial Officer of Girl Scouts of Manitou Council. Mail the form for
the CFO’s signature to Girl Scouts of Manitou Council, 5212 Windward
Court, Sheboygan WI 53083.
- Send the Depository Resolution and all other necessary forms for authorization to the Girl Scout Center.
All troop bank accounts must be set up so that Girl Scouts
of Manitou Council has online access. Account access information (such
as username, password, and security/challenge questions and answers)
should be sent to Nancy Severson, email@example.com, the council’s
Chief Financial Officer. When setting up your online banking account to
include Girl Scouts of Manitou Council access, use "GSofMC" as your
access I.D. code and GS plus your troop number as the password, i.e.
GS08123. (If your banking institution has different access I.D. and
password restrictions that need to be adhered to, then Girl Scouts of
Manitou Council’s guidelines should serve as an example.) Troops will
still have access to all troop account information online including
balances, activity, etc.
Please refer to Volunteer Essentials, Chapter 5 for more information on Troop Bank Accounts