How to Become a Volunteer
Welcome! Thank you for your interest in sharing your time and talents with girls. You are embarking on a fun-filled and rewarding journey where you will build girls of courage, confidence, and character who make the world a better place. Follow these steps to become a Girl Scout Volunteer.
- Click here to fill out a volunteer application, including background check.
- Once your application has been submitted, you will be contacted to begin an interview process to determine placement in a volunteer position. Upon completing your background check and interview, you will be notified if you will be placed in the volunteer position applied for.
Orientation/Training – Once appointed to a volunteer position, you will be contacted to complete the necessary training and/or orientation for your position.
- With other volunteers at local service unit meetings for troop advisors. Geographic areas called “service units” have been established to facilitate strong local support of each Girl Scout troop. Service unit meetings provide excellent opportunities to learn from other volunteers, share ideas, network, and provide vital information about upcoming activities and new resources.
- On Facebook to keep up with all the great things troops are doing.
- Via the Manitou E-News which is an e-newsletter just for volunteers. It promotes special opportunities available to troops and all other updates.
- Explore the resources available for council volunteers. Visit http://www.gsmanitou.org/volunteer.
- Take a look at some of the awesome research from the Girl Scout Research Institute (GSRI) about the issues girls face. Click here for a list of publications.
- Girl Scouts of Manitou Council with any questions you have on volunteering. Here’s how: 5212 Windward Ct • Sheboygan WI 53083 • (920) 565-4575 • email@example.com
*Please note that by registering as an adult member, this does not guarantee appointment to the volunteer position applied for. If for any reason you are not appointed based upon any of the background check information, you will be provided a copy of such information along with a summary of my rights under the Fair Credit Reporting Act. Refunds are not available for membership registration fees.