What’s better than those beloved Girl Scout Thin Mint cookies? A Thin Mint Sprint 5K Trail Run and Hike. All activities are open to the public including, but not limited to, Girl Scout families and friends. Everyone is welcome! Runners and hikers will receive a goody bag including a box of Girl Scout Cookies. Action course participants will receive a take home action kit. Creating healthy habits together as a family builds skills children need to keep their bodies healthy, their minds engaged and their spirits alive, and participating in innovative healthy programs such as this event is great fun.
It is a challenging course on trails through Camp Evelyn. The terrain includes some pavement, dirt paths and loose gravel.
- Push yourself and join us in a TRAIL RUN through camp and the beautiful Kettle Moraine
- The Trail Run is timed
- Ages 5-99
- Medals for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd will be awarded by gender, age group and overall
- This is a moderate 5K Hike through camp and the beautiful Kettle Moraine
- Enjoy the scenic views. The hike is not timed and no medals will be distributed
- Hike the full trail or just a portion, it’s your choice
- Fun action pack of activities great for all age levels - Girl Scout troops, kids, families, and individuals
- Series of play stations each lasting10 minutes before you go on to the next station. Dance, jump rope, hula hoop, 3-legged races and so much more your way through the day.
- Participants will go home with a Thin Mint Sprint fun patch
When: September 14, 2013
Where: Camp Evelyn, Plymouth WI
Times: Tough Cookie 5K Trail Run off and running at 8:00 a.m.
Tagalong Trek Family Hike: Hit the trails at 8:30 – 9:15 a.m.
Samoa 60 Family Fun Action Course: Get your heart pumping at 10:30 a.m.
All participants should check in at least 30 minutes prior to their activity. Check-in opens at 7:00 a.m.