Download the Parent Permission Form
Always follow the safety rules for selling Girl Scout cookies:
- Show you're a Girl Scout — wear the Girl Scout membership pin and/or Girl Scout clothing to identify yourself as a Girl Scout.
- Buddy up — always use the buddy system. It's not just safe, it's more fun.
- Be streetwise — become familiar with the areas and neighborhoods where you will be sellling Girl Scout cookies.
- Partner with adults — adults must accompany Girl Scout Daisies, Brownies, and Juniors when they are taking orders, selling or delivering product. Girls ages 6-12 must be supervised by an adult when selling door-to-door and must never sell alone. Adults must be present at a cookie booth in any public place at all times.
- Plan ahead — always have a plan for safeguarding money, and avoid walking around with large amounts of it or keeping it at home or school. Give proceeds to supervising adults, who should deposit it as directed by your Girl Scouts of Manitou Council as soon as possible.
- Do not enter — never enter the home or vehicle of a person when you are selling or making deliveries. Avoid selling to people in vehicles or going into alleys.
- Sell in the daytime — sell only during daylight hours, unless accompanied by an adult.
- Protect privacy — girls' names, addresses, or email addresses should never be given out to customers. Use a group contact number or address overseen by an adult for customers to request information, reorder, or give comments. Protect customer privacy by not sharing their information except for the product sale. Girls should never take credit card numbers.
- Be safe on the road — always follow safe pedestrian practices, especially when crossing at intersections or walking along roadways. Be aware of traffic when unloading product and passengers from vehicles.
- Be net wise — take the Girl Scout Internet Safety Pledge before going online and follow the specific guidelines related to marketing online. Girl Scouts cannot collect money online.