Girl Scout Cookies
Girl Scout cookies are an integral part of the Girl Scout Leadership Experience, built around financial literacy. With every season of Girl Scout cookies, another generation of girls learns to set goals, make a plan, and manage money. And most of all, girls gain a tremendous amount of confidence—it’s not easy to ask a stranger to buy something. You have to speak up, look them in the eye, and believe in what you’re doing. These skills are key components of the Girl Scout Leadership
Experience, which engages girls in discovering themselves, connecting with others, and taking action to make the world a better place.
In fact, the Girl Scout Cookie sale is the leading entrepreneurial program for girls. No university has produced as many female business owners as has the Girl Scout Cookie Program.
The proceeds from the cookie sale fund 85% of troop activities. In addition, the cookie sale provides for more than 50% of the council operating income. The council proceeds from the cookie sale help provide support to volunteers, supply troop leaders with the resources needed to work with girls in their troop, subsidize council program activities like summer resident camp by more than 60%, and provide financial assistance to girls and adults in need.
Girl Scouts of Manitou Council's 2021 Cookie Sale Dates:
- December 21: Girl Scouts can sell cookies online via Digital Cookie. Digital Cookie open for all orders.
- January 7-21: Door-to-door sales.
- January 26-March 21: Digital Cookie remains open for girls to sell cookies. Cookies can only be shipped directly to customers or donated during this time frame.
- February 13-22: Cookies are delivered to all communities. After community delivery, troops get their cookies. Then Girl Scouts can begin delivering orders!
- Weekends February 12-March 21: Cookie Booths.
Troop leaders, Community Cookie Sale Managers and Troop Cookie Sale Managers, more dates can be found here.