Girl Scout Cookies
Girl Scout cookies are an integral part of the Girl Scout Leadership Experience, built around financial literacy. With every season of Girl Scout cookies, another generation of girls learns to set goals, make a plan, and manage money. And most of all, girls gain a tremendous amount of confidence—it’s not easy to ask a stranger to buy something. You have to speak up, look them in the eye, and believe in what you’re doing. These skills are key components of the Girl Scout Leadership
Experience, which engages girls in discovering themselves, connecting with others, and taking action to make the world a better place.
In fact, the Girl Scout Cookie sale is the leading entrepreneurial program for girls. No university has produced as many female business owners as has the Girl Scout Cookie Program.
The proceeds from the cookie sale fund 85% of troop activities. In addition, the cookie sale provides for more than 50% of the council operating income. The council proceeds from the cookie sale help provide support to volunteers, supply troop leaders with the resources needed to work with girls in their troop, subsidize council program activities like summer resident camp by more than 60%, and provide financial assistance to girls and adults in need.
Girl Scouts of Manitou Council's Important 2022 Cookie Sale Dates:
- December 17: Digital Cookie opens for all orders.
- January 6-23: Door-to-door sales.
- January 25, 11:59 p.m.: Troop orders submitted via the online ordering system, eBudde.
- January 23 - March 20: Digital Cookie remains open for shipped and donated cookies.
- February 9: Cookies may be picked up from local cookie cupboards (Fond du Lac, Sheboygan, and Port Washington). Volunteers must place the cupboard order in eBudde.
- February 10 - March 20: Troops hold booth sales.
- February 12-19: Community cookie delivery begins. Community Cookie Sale Managers will know their delivery date by October 2021.
- March 4: Girl monies due to Troop Cookie Sale Manager.
- March 7: Troop Cookie Sale Managers deposit all cookie monies into the Troop Account.
- March 9: Girl Scouts of Manitou Council will debit troop accounts 65% of the total amount owed to the council.
- March 21: Troop Cookie Sale Managers will submit their final troop reward order in eBudde.
- March 23: Manitou Council will debit troop accounts for the balance owed to the council.
- April: Troop Cookie Sale Managers will receive girl rewards
Troop leaders, Community Cookie Sale Managers and Troop Cookie Sale Managers, more dates can be found here.